Skip to main content

The Child in me….


A sweet, innocent smile greeted me today as I entered the overcrowded metro to reach my office on time. It was a routine activity for lacs like me to wake up, be ready and start running the rat race of life, everyday without fail. But today, when I looked at the cute face, I realized how things change with time.
The smile was being reflected from a young face, which was enjoying an early morning outing with his mother. As he was clinging tight, it seemed that her mother was having a hard time to adjust in the brimming peak hour crowd. But the smile on his face did not vanish for a single second.
I began to think that few years from now, when he grows up, maybe he might travel in the same metro amid the crowd, amid the rush and then maybe this smile would not be so natural, or will not exist at all.
What was different in him and me? Age? But age is just a number isn’t it?? Then it must be the weight of responsibilities that I have on my shoulders. But wait? What responsibilities? I am a young bachelor, having a respectable job and do not care much about what others think of me. Then what is the difference between him and me?
Why I am unable to even show a faint sign of smile in the same environment, where he is reflecting all the luminosity with his attractive smile?
As I saw her mother de-board the metro at the next station, I began self analyzing the cause of difference between the two of us. He is new to this world, this commotion, unaware of the worldly ways and the desires that fill a heart with time.
He has not seen much more than his parents or some relatives, who are always smiling whenever they come in front of him. Possibly, he has not even read even the first letter of any language and technically, he was totally unaware about every knowledge gem of human development.
But still, he seemed calm, content, smiling and close to nature. When he saw people, he just winked or smiled at them, without judging them on any ground. He was pure. Just like natural beauty.
On the other hand, I was standing here, clad in formal attire, artificial from top to bottom. The personality I became was in sharp contrast to that of the baby. I might possess specialization in a subject, I might be rich, I might be a lot in this world, I might be achiever, but this is not natural.

In the race for survival, I have forgotten the child in me, and that is where I had done wrong. Today even if I try, I will never be able to wear a natural smile and the aura which the child possessed. I forgot the child in me, and today the nature showed me that it forgets everyone, who forgets themselves as the child of Mother Nature. As we grow more superior in technology and knowledge, we are distancing ourselves from the natural beauty of being human.

Comments

  1. True...
    we shudnt let d child within us die...
    Nice article..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the appreciation. I truly believe that the development of brains with age takes toll of natural solace and happiness, which we see on a smiling child's face. We just need to rediscover it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On a path to glory

I have been lost before. in a pool of confusions, that delve inside my head. I have been lost before, in a tide of self-doubt, that crept inside my heart.. I have been lost before, in the guilt of underperforming I have been lost before, at nights with unstoppable mourning Through the years I learned, it does not matter If I am lost, I will surely be found And if no one finds me, I myself will one day walk past this maze To do something worthwhile and to amaze All those who laughed at the time when I was lost All those who created a sense of self-doubt, who made me face this ghost I have learned that the fears are just inside All we have is a beautiful world with opportunities, that is real and is outside So, I rise again from this pool of confusion, Yes I rise again from this guilt and emotion, I know am hard at heart when it comes to the topic of self-achievement But what is an achievement, without a little attitude All I want you is to kno...

How corporate professionalism helped me in learning the art of self-appreciation?

It’s been a long while that I wrote something for myself. Though being a full-time content writer, busy in playing with words all day long, who people think of as a word-wizard- never short of something to write, I have, of late, fell short of words to define what I feel about my passion. I started off as a content writer & still, I am that- it’s not that my passion has faded, it is still strong and growing every day, still I sometimes feel I am not doing much for myself. Writing every day for brands and companies- fuelling their aspirations to grow more and more through advertisements, e-mailers, marketing collaterals, etc., I have somehow felt guilty of not helping myself much with my growth journey. But is it my fault… or is it just situational? I am not the type who shifts the blame to professional or personal condition, so I take it upon myself for my mistake. I have not been much serious about my journey, passion and efforts. But through my realization, I came up wit...

Loneliness is a rewarding evil

The path, the journey and the destination The wind was cold enough to make my soul shrink somewhere deep in my personality. It had been days since I saw the signs of a human habitation close to me. I do not know if I did it right or wrong to go forth with this journey, but was amazed to possess a strange feeling of calmness inside, the kinds of which was never felt by me, when I was living my dream life. It was just another day in my fast pace life, when I realized my real purpose in life, was not to excel financially or in terms of success, but to find a path that enrich my soul. The matter has been talked in numerous ways and millions of times everywhere across the web. But I will make sure to add a footnote to this never ending debate. A dream gives us a purpose to live. And my dream was to stand strong with pride. I wanted my father to be proud of me when I achieve the stature of a highly paid professional in the management industry. He had set high standard...