Skip to main content

The Goal of life


                     
 World cup is to end round the corner. Every football fanatic’s eyes are glued to the arenas in Brazil where Germany and Argentina are prepared for the final battle. Lakhs of fans are praying for their favorites and hope to grab the world cup trophy in their country’s name. Everyone is tensed about who will score the final goal, who will make their teams will, who will be the star player. But have we ever worried about the goal of our life. Do we ever try to score a goal that turns ourselves into a star player helping us grab the victory against materialistic desires? I am sure that many would have thought about it, but no one is courageous enough to start this journey. We often worry about hundreds of things that are going on in our lives but never try to run past the defenders of our own thoughts towards the goalpost of salvation.

                        
Whatever we try to do in life, we always have that inner craving to search for the goal first and then if got a  
chance to score, shoot to score too. But the problem is, unlike football, the goal of life is hidden behind a
thick curtain of materialism and desires which are hard to lift off. The problem is we run aimlessly in various
directions when we know that the goal is right in front of our eyes. The goal is nothing but contentment.
Contentment commands happiness, happiness wash away apprehensions, an apprehension free soul is free
from worries and calm person is straight past the goalkeeper towards his life goal. To visualize the goalpost
in front of eyes, first try to visualize contentment in your life. Be happy in what you are, be satisfied with
what you have because desires have no limits and soul have only one wish, to be contended and happy. No 
one is perfect, some have the perfect body, some don’t, some have lakhs in banks some even find it hard to 
earn two square meals, but contentment is one thing that everyone can afford. If one can be at peace with 
what one has, he can surely score high in the match called life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On a path to glory

I have been lost before. in a pool of confusions, that delve inside my head. I have been lost before, in a tide of self-doubt, that crept inside my heart.. I have been lost before, in the guilt of underperforming I have been lost before, at nights with unstoppable mourning Through the years I learned, it does not matter If I am lost, I will surely be found And if no one finds me, I myself will one day walk past this maze To do something worthwhile and to amaze All those who laughed at the time when I was lost All those who created a sense of self-doubt, who made me face this ghost I have learned that the fears are just inside All we have is a beautiful world with opportunities, that is real and is outside So, I rise again from this pool of confusion, Yes I rise again from this guilt and emotion, I know am hard at heart when it comes to the topic of self-achievement But what is an achievement, without a little attitude All I want you is to kno...

How corporate professionalism helped me in learning the art of self-appreciation?

It’s been a long while that I wrote something for myself. Though being a full-time content writer, busy in playing with words all day long, who people think of as a word-wizard- never short of something to write, I have, of late, fell short of words to define what I feel about my passion. I started off as a content writer & still, I am that- it’s not that my passion has faded, it is still strong and growing every day, still I sometimes feel I am not doing much for myself. Writing every day for brands and companies- fuelling their aspirations to grow more and more through advertisements, e-mailers, marketing collaterals, etc., I have somehow felt guilty of not helping myself much with my growth journey. But is it my fault… or is it just situational? I am not the type who shifts the blame to professional or personal condition, so I take it upon myself for my mistake. I have not been much serious about my journey, passion and efforts. But through my realization, I came up wit...

Loneliness is a rewarding evil

The path, the journey and the destination The wind was cold enough to make my soul shrink somewhere deep in my personality. It had been days since I saw the signs of a human habitation close to me. I do not know if I did it right or wrong to go forth with this journey, but was amazed to possess a strange feeling of calmness inside, the kinds of which was never felt by me, when I was living my dream life. It was just another day in my fast pace life, when I realized my real purpose in life, was not to excel financially or in terms of success, but to find a path that enrich my soul. The matter has been talked in numerous ways and millions of times everywhere across the web. But I will make sure to add a footnote to this never ending debate. A dream gives us a purpose to live. And my dream was to stand strong with pride. I wanted my father to be proud of me when I achieve the stature of a highly paid professional in the management industry. He had set high standard...