Skip to main content

How corporate professionalism helped me in learning the art of self-appreciation?




It’s been a long while that I wrote something for myself. Though being a full-time content writer, busy in playing with words all day long, who people think of as a word-wizard- never short of something to write, I have, of late, fell short of words to define what I feel about my passion. I started off as a content writer & still, I am that- it’s not that my passion has faded, it is still strong and growing every day, still I sometimes feel I am not doing much for myself.
Writing every day for brands and companies- fuelling their aspirations to grow more and more through advertisements, e-mailers, marketing collaterals, etc., I have somehow felt guilty of not helping myself much with my growth journey. But is it my fault… or is it just situational? I am not the type who shifts the blame to professional or personal condition, so I take it upon myself for my mistake. I have not been much serious about my journey, passion and efforts. But through my realization, I came up with another question that is quite relevant in the modern times:

‘Why do we start identifying ourselves by our professional identities and achievements & forget who we are as an individual?’

Right from the beginning, the notion is ingrained in us to have a successful career, with a high salary package and enviable perks. And when one achieves them, he forgets what he stood for altogether. It is a brainwashing technique that clears our head off our passion and off our aspirations as a human being. We forget our own identity and succumb to being a corporate slave, whom everyone from our relatives to our friends looks upon as a testimony of success. But is that notion right??

I have once fallen prey to this notion and slowed down my efforts in the past. I believed that it’s better to slow down than to give up altogether- tired of all the failures and obstacles. And during that period, I began associating myself with my professional success all alone- from a great salary to recognitions, whatever I received. And that was where I fell a prey to the eternal rat race of competitiveness and corporate competitiveness. During that period, I turned lethargic towards my dreams, my health started suffering because all I was focusing was on my job.

It took a long time for me to get back on track- after failing at being recognized and feeling degraded by being a small cog in the whole corporate machinery. That was the time I realized that it is better to be the lone tree around the corner of a dusty road than to be a great tree in a rainforest. At least, everyone who passes appreciates you rather than passing without recognition….

And that is where I realized I need to stand out of crowd… proud and looking for my own path… always…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life... the eternal journey

Either Run!! Walk, if cant run… Crawl, if cant walk… Because stopping at a point will never give direction.. But moving would surely lead to solutions….. Life is constantly moving. It gives new experiences each single day. It is never the same. It is never constant. Life is a process and we are meant to perform the process in synchronization of its speed else we would be left behind somewhere. There is no point of stopping midway in life thinking of the past experiences as we have very less time in our hands to take the right decision that can turn our future bright. If we keep on hooked to the moments that are gone, we ourselves are freeing lesser space for more to come in future. Human brain is vast but it has the tendency to think over a particular issue at a time. If we keep on feeding it with redundant and obsolete data, surely it would decrease our efficiency as a person to work upon our development and success. Never stop, yes it is alright to halt for a momen
Gore haathon me mehandi ka rang hai gehra.... Laage hai ab pyar karne waalon ka aane wala hai waqt sunahara... Ek ek pal ab lagne laga hai thehara thehera.... Ab to bas saanson par hai ek bas yaar ke naam ka pehra... Aa jaye bas ab wo pal jab milein pyar karne waale do dil.... Waqt ko bhagao jaldi kaho yar ko ab jaldi se aa mil Aane ko hi ab hai raat milan ki... Khatam hone ko hi hain ab ghadiyaan sabar ki... Aayega jab yaar tab aayegi suhaani bahaar Milega aakhirkaar tootkar chaha hua wo pyar Jeewan mein fir ek naya savera hoga Khushiyon ka subah shaam fir zindagi mein basera hoga... -Anmol

Think before you act, your act affects others, do consider this fact…

“This is my life!! Do not try to interfere”…. Pallav shouted hard at Meera, hard enough to shake the very soul of her. She had always been the most affectionate and caring personality in Pallav’s life right from his childhood. She had been a friend, companion, a support system and his soul mate. She had seen worse times of his life and made sure he never broke off during the darkened phases of life. She had cared for him as a mother, listened to his apprehensions like a sister, supported him as a wife, and stood by her through the test of time. Their relationship was the one where the weight to push forward the relationship and future were only on the delicate shoulders of Meera. Every single night she would cry hard thinking about her destiny that her future held. It was not that she was unhappy about her relationship. But, she too deserved care; she yearned for love; she wanted affection from the one whom she considers her life. She had always been a pillar that supported