Skip to main content

When it’s not your fault….


As I walked in my office today, I realized I had forgotten something very important. The task which I forgot did not solely was attached to my responsibilities, neither I was answerable about it to anyone. But I felt that I should do that task. It was to plan a secret surprise for my distant friend, who is not in touch with me since the last one year. The following week is his birthday, and I really want to surprise him by my gesture. But as I came over my work desk, I saw the number of unread e-mails, each one of which signified some or the other official duty which I needed to perform. Hence started my day of endless work like the other days. In the cobweb of these duties, somehow I forget about the thought of giving surprise to that old friend. Days passed and the day of his birthday also passed without me realizing that it was his birthday. One more year passed without wishing the friend which meant the world to me at one point of life. What I was left with, was a guilt in my heart for not doing anything for the one who still means the world to me, but without much concern to show the feeling.

At times in life, there comes a point when we want to do something for that special one in our lives, but due to our preoccupations with work, job or responsibilities, we fail to show our part of love, even if we wish to. At that point, the other one might feel that they have lost their importance in our lives, but this is not the truth always. Sometimes, it might be possible that the person might be caught in a situation where even if he/she wants to, is unable to show and contact that he misses you. It happens all the time that we begin to judge a person because he/she did not contact us or call us when everything seems smooth from our end. What might seem to be a silent ocean from the beach, can be a group of turbulent tides in deep waters. The point is, never judge a person from only your point of view, be prudent enough to understand that he/she might also have some unsolved mysteries in his/her own life.

Because of this situation only, many relations break, a person who is unable to give his part to a relations because of his responsibilities towards his job, employer, society feel that it is solely his fault that things did not work out between the two, but what I want to say is, sometimes, it is just not your fault. It is the fault in the time, which do not adjusts itself as per our whims and fantasies.

Stop Feeling sad because you did not do much for your loved ones, give a fresh start to the relations which mean the world to you…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On a path to glory

I have been lost before. in a pool of confusions, that delve inside my head. I have been lost before, in a tide of self-doubt, that crept inside my heart.. I have been lost before, in the guilt of underperforming I have been lost before, at nights with unstoppable mourning Through the years I learned, it does not matter If I am lost, I will surely be found And if no one finds me, I myself will one day walk past this maze To do something worthwhile and to amaze All those who laughed at the time when I was lost All those who created a sense of self-doubt, who made me face this ghost I have learned that the fears are just inside All we have is a beautiful world with opportunities, that is real and is outside So, I rise again from this pool of confusion, Yes I rise again from this guilt and emotion, I know am hard at heart when it comes to the topic of self-achievement But what is an achievement, without a little attitude All I want you is to kno...

How corporate professionalism helped me in learning the art of self-appreciation?

It’s been a long while that I wrote something for myself. Though being a full-time content writer, busy in playing with words all day long, who people think of as a word-wizard- never short of something to write, I have, of late, fell short of words to define what I feel about my passion. I started off as a content writer & still, I am that- it’s not that my passion has faded, it is still strong and growing every day, still I sometimes feel I am not doing much for myself. Writing every day for brands and companies- fuelling their aspirations to grow more and more through advertisements, e-mailers, marketing collaterals, etc., I have somehow felt guilty of not helping myself much with my growth journey. But is it my fault… or is it just situational? I am not the type who shifts the blame to professional or personal condition, so I take it upon myself for my mistake. I have not been much serious about my journey, passion and efforts. But through my realization, I came up wit...

Loneliness is a rewarding evil

The path, the journey and the destination The wind was cold enough to make my soul shrink somewhere deep in my personality. It had been days since I saw the signs of a human habitation close to me. I do not know if I did it right or wrong to go forth with this journey, but was amazed to possess a strange feeling of calmness inside, the kinds of which was never felt by me, when I was living my dream life. It was just another day in my fast pace life, when I realized my real purpose in life, was not to excel financially or in terms of success, but to find a path that enrich my soul. The matter has been talked in numerous ways and millions of times everywhere across the web. But I will make sure to add a footnote to this never ending debate. A dream gives us a purpose to live. And my dream was to stand strong with pride. I wanted my father to be proud of me when I achieve the stature of a highly paid professional in the management industry. He had set high standard...